Many guys want to know how much does it cost to marry a Filipina and what is the process to bring her to America. There are so many answers online which is why I created this article on the true costs of marrying a Filipina. First, the tried and true method for getting your Filipina partner here the quickest is the K-1 Fiance visa which means you won’t be actually married until she sets foot on American soil. Your costs for marrying a Filipina will be the visa fees, medical examination fees, wedding ceremony costs, airline tickets, and miscellaneous costs.
On average it will cost you about $2,000 to marry a Filipina in a regular size wedding and process her papers to bring her to the United States. However, many factors can cause these costs to vary greatly.
The Costs of Marrying a Filipina are as Follows:
|Item||Cost $ USD|
|I-129F Petition for Alien Fiance||$535|
|Visa Application Fee||$265|
|Medical Examination Fee||$335|
|Airfare between the US & The Philippines||$700+|
|Wedding Ceremony Costs||$200-$20,000|
|Total Cost To Marry a Filipina||$2056-$22,056|
As you can see besides the wedding the largest cost will be the fiance visa process. It’s also the most important cost as you want to make sure this is done properly or your application could be delayed or even denied. What’s worse is there is no appeals process if they deny you.
K-1 Fiance Visa Process
The visa process is a lengthy one and for good reason. The US government has to make sure that the relationship is bona fide (legitimate) and that you have the financial means to support another person.
Here is the step-by-step process:
- File an I-129 Petition at your local USCIS office. This must be done in the US and can no longer be done abroad at a US Embassy
- If the I-129 petition is done properly and approved the petition is then sent to the Embassy or Consulate where your bride to be lives
- If your petition is not done properly you will need to make corrections or re-do the whole thing
- Once you receive the letter of approval you will then need to take the following items to her Embassy or Consulate
- Completed Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. If she has kids then she will need to bring in their paperwork for their K-2 visas.
- A Passport valid for travel to The United States that has more than 6 months of validity
- CENOMAR-Certificate of non-marriage
- NBI Clearance form – Her background check
- Medical examination – This will need to be done in Manila or Cebu
- Evidence of financial support – Proof that you meet the income requirements to take care of her once she’s in America
- Two 2×2 Passport size photographs
- Evidence of that a real relationship exists-Photos together, receipts to restaurants, plane tickets etc.
- Payment of fees
The requirements can be exhausting but doable yourself. A lot of guys choose to have most of the heavy lifting
There’s also a lot more to it than what’s written. You and her will have to do two separate interviews at the US Consulate or Embassy. The agency can help you prepare for that as well. All-in-all the application will consist of nearly 1,000 pages of documents. This isn’t a joke and it’s not something to be taken mildly. This will be one of the biggest decisions and undertakings you’ll make in your life.
The most important thing…
The biggest snag many guys trying to marry a Filipina run into is meeting the income requirements. Guys, you must meet the income requirements to get your application approved. Now there are some things a visa agency can do to help you but if you’re not even close to meeting the income requirements then I’m afraid you need to do something to boost your earnings so you can bring your bride-to-be over here.
How much does a wedding cost in The Philippines?
The costs of a wedding in the Philippines is quite shocking to a lot of guys. For a country where the average income is just $300 a month wedding costs can range anywhere for $100 just for the license to over $2,000 for a premium wedding ceremony. Most decent girls will want an at least halfway decent ceremony that can be attended by her family and friends. If she doesn’t want her family and friends to attend that’s actually a sign that she just wants a green card.
Related: Signs She Just Wants a Green Card
Costs for a Wedding in The Philippines
Now I personally am not a big fan of big expensive weddings. I just see them as a form of ostentation and there is even data that suggest the more expensive the wedding the more likely the marriage will fail. Renting a decent 1,600 sqft space, getting a minister, some food and inviting your and her closest family and friends are all you need.
Here is a breakdown of the costs of medium size wedding in The Philippines:
|Round Trip Flight||$850|
|Affidavit Legal Capcity to Marry||$50|
|Wedding Reception Venue||$500|
|Food||Included in Caterer|
Miscellaneous Costs to Marrying a Filipina
If your lady is not in Manila she will need lodging costings while she’s in Manila for her medical exam. You’ll also need to pay for her food and transportation since she will most likely not be working during this time.
Now that you know the costs and that this isn’t something to be taken lightly. My hope is that I’ve provided you with the best information possible to make sure that you make the right decision on whether or not to marry a Filipina.